Location: London & Germany (any major city)
Salary: £40,000 – £80,000 dep. on experience + bonus + large corporate benefits
Our client is a management consultancy firm that has grown into a global partnership serving three of the world’s five largest companies and two-thirds of the Fortune 1000. The UK & Ireland offices are managed out of Central London and services are provided from both industry sector practices and function practices.
Analytics Specialists in the Marketing & Sales practice are dedicated to working with client teams on solving our client’s business problems with a strong quantitative nature. Specialists assist our clients through conducting state of the art quantitative analysis across the spectrum of marketing and sales, including segmentation, propensity modelling, funnel analysis, CLM, digital marketing, media mix modelling and pricing.
The role of the Analytics Specialist has three broad sets of responsibilities:
Client service support and development: works directly with consulting teams in conducting deep analytics on client and external data, playing a significant role in team problem solving through the findings and insights from analysis.
Knowledge development: advancing McKinsey’s overall knowledge base by providing analytical rigour and problem solving to our proprietary knowledge investments. At more senior levels, also focuses on developing new analytical approaches and techniques.
Knowledge transfer and practice development: operates as part of a wider firm community, supporting the development of both the analytical group as well as greater understanding of analytics and results in the consulting population.
Client Service Support (ca. 60%)
- Work directly with clients and client teams to conduct rigorous quantitative analysis, primarily on marketing and sales topics but occasionally more broadly, as part of the overall problem solving approach.
- Advise client teams on analytical options to address their specific needs, including discussing potential analytical approaches to problems, associated costs and trade-offs, and recommendations.
- Work with the team to translate input from quantitative analyses into specific and actionable business recommendations
- Support clientele development through analytical approaches
Knowledge development (ca. 20%)
- Support McKinsey proprietary knowledge investments in marketing and sales via rigorous quantitative analysis, including interpreting findings and results
- Develop, in collaboration with other consultants, innovative analytical approaches to marketing and sales challenges.
Knowledge transfer and practice development (ca. 20%)
- In conjunction with leadership group, support externalization efforts on our analytical services and collaborations for existing and potential clients
- Run internal training programmes on analytical approaches
- Support internal (firm and practice) information requests
Knowledge & Skills Required
Strong academic qualifications, with an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline (typically statistics, mathematics or econometrics)
- Exceptional numerical and statistical ability, including SPSS capability
- Strong multi-tasking abilities, flexibility, and patience in a fluid environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Analytical specialists will typically have 4-5 years work experience in analytical services with some marketing and sales orientation.
- Professional attitude and service orientation; team player
- Willingness to travel and work on a pan-European basis (ca 50-75% of time)
To apply for this role, please email your CV to email@example.com