Location: UK (London) or Germany (Hamburg, Dusseldorf or Munich)
Salary: £50 - £60,000 dependant on experience + bonus + corp benefits
Our client is a management consultancy firm that has grown into a global partnership serving three of the world’s five largest companies and two-thirds of the Fortune 1000. The UK & Ireland offices are managed out of Central London and services are provided from both industry sector practices and function practices.
Consumer & Shopper Insight Knowledge Specialists in the Marketing & Sales practice are dedicated to working with client teams on solving our client’s research problems by conducting state of the art qualitative and quantitative analysis across the spectrum of marketing. To lead this group our client is looking for senior analytical professionals with both client facing capability, people leadership skills and deep analytical knowledge.
The role of the Consumer & Shopper Insight Knowledge Specialist has three broad sets of responsibilities:
- Client service support and development: works to support consulting teams in developing insightful and pragmatic solutions to client problems through consumer & shopper insight
- Knowledge building and knowledge transfer: advancing the knowledge and reputation of the practice through individual contribution, team leadership, training programs, and external involvement
- Practice development and support: effectively developing resources and contributing to building the EMEA consumer & shopper insights team.
Client Service Support (ca. 50%)
- Work with client teams to frame their research needs and determine options, costs, and issues to resolve in execution
- Supports “quick turnaround” research potentially across multiple countries (e.g., manage vendor, quality control, write surveys)
- Support client development by helping teams to understand how customer insights could be integrated into their overall approach
- Leads client workshops on customer insights topics
Knowledge building and knowledge transfer (ca. 30%)
- Drive specific high-priority CSI knowledge initiatives in EU
- Help populate, manage, and distribute CSI library of case studies and internal documents
- Surface external articles, ideas, and case examples to send to the CSI group
- Surface new knowledge development ideas particularly with sector specialists in the EU
Customer Insights practice development and support (ca. 20%)
- Manage relationships with research vendors
- Help develop and run internal marketing and customer insights training programmes
- Lead community building activities for the EU CSI group
Knowledge and skills
- In-depth knowledge of customer insights from any marketing sector (e.g., consumer, retail, banking, business-to-business)
- Approximately 4 – 10 years experience in marketing, research, and/or customer insights
- Strong numerical and statistical ability, including SPSS capability
- Emerging depth in several areas of market research, such as segmentation, perceptual mapping, should be familiar with qualitative techniques
- Strong multi-tasking abilities, flexibility, and patience in a fluid environment where priorities change and methodologies are continually challenged
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional attitude and service orientation; team player
- Willingness to travel and work on a pan-European basis (ca 20-40 % of time)
A degree from a respected institution is required, preferably in a market research related area.
A minimum of 4 years of direct market research experience is required, preferably at a market research agency, a research department at a consumer-oriented company, or academic-related research.
To apply for this role, please email your CV to email@example.com